Q: Why Flock?
A: To me, there of several features of Flock that are extremely appealing…
Blog Post Editor
RSS News Feeds Reader
Media Stream – access/update your favorite photos at Flickr or Photobucket, and at YouTube
Integration with social bookmarking systems (e.g. de.licio.us, ma.gnolia)
- Web Clipboard
- “Use the Web Clipboard for Instant Saving and Sharing“
- Even with loading Firefox with extensions, you do not get the integration that Flock offers. For example, to blog from Firefox you can use the ScribeFire extension. And to save webclips you can you can use another extension. And in this scenerio you will not be able to combine the use of a blog extension with a web clip extension, say, to copy from one to the other. But with Flock’s built-in Blog editor and Flock’s built-in Web Clipboard tool, you can copy from the web clips to the blog editor with ease.
Built-in spell checker
- Plus, the same great features that Firefox has:
Customizable, Personalize – buttons on toolbars can be re-arranged, toolbars using View»Toolbars»Customize…” For example.
- Search Engine customization
And many other features…
I have given a lot of feedback, and encourage others to do so also,
simply use: Help»Give Feedback, or click on the blue fly icon (Send
Feedback) to the right of the URL/location field.
BTW, I wrote Instructions on how to download and start using Flock…
About Flock, in Blognation, Wikipedia, CrunchBase
- Flock on the Web
- Main Features of Flock:
- “Flock is a free web browser that makes it easy to connect with your friends and express yourself online.
Receive updates when friends have new photos, videos or blog posts.
Upload up to 1,000 photos at one time to popular photo sites.
Drag and drop photos and videos from Flock’s Media Minibar to email, comment fields, blogs, etc.
Collect your favorite photos, videos, and text from the web and blog them instantly.”
- Release Notes
- www.planetflock.org – an aggregation of blogs from individuals who may or may not be part of Flock Inc.
Adapt a Firefox extension to Flock: developer.flock.com/wiki/Firefox_to_Flock
“What is Flock? …
Flock is a consumer Internet business which has developed a free, next
generation web browser. The web, and the way people engage online, has
evolved dramatically over the past decade. But web browsers – the
application that fundamentally enables online experiences and services
across ones’ connected life – have not kept pace.
Flock is focused on fundamentally evolving
the browser, bringing a refreshing new approach to how people use and
participate on the web and simplifying social and web-based
applications by bringing them one step closer to the user and
integrating them directly into the browser.
When using Flock, people can easily
discover, access, create and share videos, photos, blogs, feeds and
comments across social communities, media providers, and popular